Top Ten Tuesday - Best Vampire Books

hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
 
Top Ten Vampire Books
(that I've read, anyway)
 
In no particular order
 
1. The Passage by Justin Cronin
Lab experiment gone wrong, an end of the world, and then survival of a later generation in a world with vampires. What's not to love?
   
2. The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
I didn't care much for the first book, but I loved this one. It was a bit darker and deeper.
 
3. The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice
I loved the history in this book.
 
4. The Radleys by Matt Haig
A fresh take on the vampire genre, complete with a dysfunctional family and lessons about temptation.
 
5. The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
This is a fun series to read and I loved most of the characters. I love seeing this world through Sookie's eyes. 
 
6. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward
Adult paranormal romance really isn't my thing, but I thoroughly enjoyed these books. Even if they did make me blush a little, they were interesting and well written.
 
7. The Golden by Lucius Shepard
This was a very well written and dark story.
 
8. The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires by Theresa Cheung
Not really a novel, but an awesome book about all things vampires, including legends from all different parts of the world. It's one of the most interesting books I've flipped through.
 
9. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
This probably doesn't count. While it wasn't actually said, I believe one of the characters was a vampire. I won't say who, because I liked not knowing and just kind of speculating. 
 
10. I don't know what to put here. 
I won't pick Dracula because I thought it was kind of bland. 
I won't pick Twilight because I don't think it's the best interpretation of vampires. 
I won't pick Marked, either, because I thought it was interesting, but not as well written as I would have preferred.
 There are many vampire novels I haven't read yet.  
So I guess I'll leave this blank. 
What would you put here? What did I miss that you think should be included?

Labels: